Friday, May 6, 2011

Children

It is nice to be back to where I can share some personal thoughts of what God is doing in our lives. I apologize for the brief absence. I have had the opportunity recently to spend a great deal more time with my children. I am truly blessed with two young persons, and personalities for that fact, the God has blessed me with. It never ceases to amaze me at some of the things that they do and say. It is fun sometimes to stand in the hallway and listen to what goes on while they are playing. One of the other things that I have noticed, is how dependent they are on what my wife and I say. If we tell them something, or explain something to them, it is better than gold to them. They will stand you down if someone says something that does not match what we tell them either. They have complete faith in us that what we tell them is true. And they need no other supporting evidence to convince them of it. My, how that mirrors how our relationship with Christ should be. Luke 18:15-17 reads, "And they were bringing even their babies to Him so that He would touch them, but when the disciples saw it, they began rebuking them. But Jesus called for them, saying, Permit the children to come to Me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these. Truly I say to you, whoever does not receive the kingdom of God like a child will not enter it at all." We have often heard of childlike faith. Just like our children believe everything we say, we should have that same belief in Christ. It is what it is because God said so. End of story. Sometimes we spend to much time trying to analyze why God says to do something, or argue over doctrine. How much more simple do you think our lives would be if we all just took everything that He left for us at face value. Belief to the point that nothing will ever change our minds. Belief that seems irrational to the rest of the world. They can think that I am irrational if they like, but God sees me differently. And that is all that matters. I will always believe what my Heavenly Father says over anyone else, and I hope you do to.

Thanks and God Bless You all!

No comments:

Post a Comment