Monday, April 11, 2011

Bananas

My family and I love bananas. We love to eat them, and sometimes go bananas. Bananas are one of the staple snack foods in my house. This is great because they are a healthy alternative to some of the junk food out there. It seems like we buy a bunch every week, and sometimes twice a week. However, every once in a while, we will have a lull in the number of bananas we eat in a week. They are left on the counter and become mushy and brown. They turn into something that we do not want to eat, or worthless to us. Now my wife, being the excellent mom/wife/cook that she is, will take those bad bananas, mix in some cinnamon, raisins, sugar, and flour and make homemade banana bread. It is so delicious. This makes me think of how God sees us and what He can do with us. What is my worth in this world? Nothing. In God's eyes I am a sinful, wretch of a man. On my own, I am not worthy of anything. However, I have forgiveness of my sins. I have turned my life over to Him. I am doing my best to honor Him, and deprive myself. 2 Corinthians 5:16-18 "Therefore from now on we recognize no one according to the flesh; even though we have known Christ according to the flesh, yet now we know Him in this way no longer. Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come. Now all these things are from God, who reconciled us to Himself through Christ and gave us the ministry of reconciliation," Just like my wife takes something that seems to be worthless and ready for the trash and turns it into something that is wonderful, God can do the same in us. When we become saved, we are a new creature. That means that we change our lives. The things(sins) that we once enjoyed, we will no longer need or want. We are turned into a being whose purpose is to glorify God in all that we do. This pleases Him. Just as the banana bread is pleasing to my family. So just remember, when you feel alone, and like the pressure of this world are on you, and when you sin, that God can take anything, or anyone, and make a blessing out of it.

Thanks and God Bless You all this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment