Thursday, May 12, 2011

How can God use someone like me?

Before I begin this post I would like to thank the Lord for the way that He has used me and this small blog. I have just received notice of people from Canada and Germany taking time to read these small devotionals. God Bless you. I never dreamed that these small devotions would be seen outside of the country. I have learned never to doubt what God can do. This led me to think about why God would want to use someone like me. I have no special divinity degree. I am not a seasoned pastor or church elder. I do not have the experience that some of the church goers that I look up to that have been saved for many years. I know that many of the people that I talk to on a daily basis usually do not have a lot of ways to serve because they believe that they are too young, have not been saved long enough, or do not have the knowledge and experience of others. But things like that mean nothing to God. When we read through the Gospels, Christ did not choose the people who were the big religious people of the times. He picked common everyday people to be His disciples. All He really needs is a willing heart, and someone with faith. If we remain faithful to Him, and trust Him, He can do great things through us. It is not because we are anything special. Acts 13:24-26 teaches that even John the Baptist said that He was not even worthy to untie his sandals. When we have the attitude of service for our Lord, an attitude that it does not matter what anyone thinks but my God. That is the type of person that He uses. Whether it is to preach, teach a class, clean the church, serving in a witness ministry, or to hand out bulletins when people go into the church, God is using you. And our God is great enough to do great things through anyone. Even me and you.

Thanks and God Bless you all this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment