Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Tough Times

Regretfully I am a little late on this week's post. Circumstances being as they are, have made it somewhat difficult to keep updated. I first of all would like you all to pray for my wife Jenny. She is 28 weeks pregnant and trying to go into labor. The doctors have done what they can to stop the labor and she is on bed rest. Whatever the circumstances may be, the sad thing is some of the comments that I have endured. Many people that spend any time around me know where I stand on God. I am not ashamed of what I believe, nor will I fear the ridicule that comes. My strength comes from the Lord. I have always told people that God has provided for us, and I will not lose hope. I am amazed at the thought of people actually looking for me to break. But I say this to you, My God is faithful. No matter the circumstances, nor the outcome, I will not cease to praise the Lord. King David said it well in Psalm 3:1-6. "O LORD, how many are my foes! How many rise up against me! Many are saying of me, God will not deliver him. But you are a shield around me, O LORD; You bestow glory on me and lift up my head. To the LORD I cry aloud, and He answers me from His holy hill. I lie down and sleep; I wake again, because the LORD sustains me. I will not fear the tens of thousands drawn up against me on every side." I have always believed that a person's actions are the best witness of what one truly believes. It is one thing to say what you believe, but it is an entirely different thing to act on what you say. Even though there are those around us that doubt us and are waiting to see us fall, we must be vigilant in our trust and faith in the Lord. And maybe, just maybe, some of the ones that wait for us to fall, will truly see a miracle in the way that God is faithful to us, and want to know God as well.

Thanks and God Bless you all this week.

1 comment:

  1. Failure? No. We are expecting God to work all things for His good through this. It's amazing the peace that God can give you during trials of all kinds. Not everyone can understand that unexplainable peace. He is in control and knows things that we don't. Lauren is going to come into this world safe, happy, and healthy. We love you both and are praying for you! Give Jenny hugs from me.

    ReplyDelete