Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Praise!

I will always give praise to the One who is Holy, and above all things. I took my wife to the doctor yesterday to get a report on the state of her pregnancy. According to the doctor everything is looking more reassuring. It seems that the pain and contractions are coming from the baby laying in a funny position. The painful and regular contractions seem to be her body's way to try to turn the baby. However, be it she is my daughter, she is very stubborn and wants to stay like she is. I would like to thank all of you that have been praying vigilantly for my wife in this time. It amazes me that as worthless as I am, God still loves me and still cares for me and my family. There is great comfort in that thought. That no matter what, no matter the mistakes that we make, if we are His, He will always be there for us. Even when we tend not to be there for Him. This makes me think of the 23rd Psalm. I know most people think about this Psalm around a time of death. In contrast, I think of it as a way of life.
1The LORD is my shepherd,
I shall not want.
2He makes me lie down in green pastures;
He leads me beside quiet waters.
3He restores my soul;
He guides me in the paths of righteousness
For His name's sake.
4Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I fear no evil, for You are with me;
Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.
5You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies;
You have anointed my head with oil;
My cup overflows.
6Surely goodness and lovingkindness will follow me all the days of my life,
And I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever."

I know that I have nothing to fear in this life, because I am a child of the King. He will provide all that I need. Even in the face of danger, pain, and death I know that He is there. Nothing in this world can do anything to me unless He allows. And if He allows, it is for my betterment to help me grow. As you go through this week, try reading the 23rd Psalm everyday and look for how God is providing for you and looking out for you everyday. Just as what is described in the Psalm of David. And I hope that His goodness and lovingkindness will follow you all of the days of your lives, and when the time comes, you will be rejoicing with me in Heaven forever.

Thanks and God bless you all this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment