Wednesday, March 23, 2011

FOOD!!!!

Many of the people that know me, know that I love food. I have heard it said many time that there are people that eat to live, and those that live to eat. I believe that I fit under the live to eat category. It also helps that my wife is a wonderful cook. So much of our society and culture is based around food one way or another. We have fellowships where we get together around a meal to enjoy each others company, we have parties, and socials, and even business meetings centered around food. From a biological standpoint, we require food for survival. It provides our bodies with the nutrients and energy we need to exist. Imagine how hard it would be to go without food. We would not last very long. This reminds me of one of the points that Jesus taught in John 6:32-40. "Jesus then said to them, Truly, truly, I say to you, it is not Moses who has given you the bread out of heaven, but it is My Father who gives you the true bread out of heaven. For the bread of God is that which comes down out of heaven, and gives life to the world. Then they said to Him, Lord, always give us this bread. Jesus said to them, I am the bread of life; he who comes to Me will not hunger, and he who believes in Me will never thirst. But I said to you that you have seen Me, and yet do not believe. All that the Father gives Me will come to Me, and the one who comes to Me I will certainly not cast out. For I have come down from heaven, not to do My own will, but the will of Him who sent Me. This is the will of Him who sent Me, that of all that He has given Me I lose nothing, but raise it up on the last day. For this is the will of My Father, that everyone who beholds the Son and believes in Him will have eternal life, and I Myself will raise him up on the last day." The food here is not of a physical nature but that of a spiritual one. In order to spiritually survive we need the Bread of Life, which is Christ. Our Savior promised that those who truly come to Him will always be filled, and nothing can separate us from Him. What a case for eternal security. What a comfort that we have to know that He will never leave us, and one day we will be with Him in glory.

Thanks and God Bless you all this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment