Monday, February 21, 2011

I refuse

These past couple of months I have been blessed to see some wonderful miracles in my life and in those around me. Praise the Lord we have had 8 people saved at our church in the last few months. Prayer really works. We have been actively praying for a long time for our new brothers and sisters. The sad thing is, you just do not hear of people getting saved like we did years ago. It is becoming uncommon in today's society. Many people are in a state of false assurance these days. Back in the 1980's Rev. Billy Graham estimated that 85% of all church goers are not saved. That is staggering! What is the reason for this. I have an idea that I would like you to entertain for a moment. How many of us are actively looking for ways to serve Him and be an active witness for Him in our daily walk? I know that I am guilty of this, being caught up in the worries and happenings of this life. Many times we seem to have our blinders on to God. We do not think actively every day of how best to serve Him. Because of this, the gospel of Christ has become diluted, and somewhat misconstrued by some "so-called" believers. The only way to combat this is to do what scripture teaches. In Matthew 28:19 Christ says "Go and make disciples of all nations...." He did not say when you feel like it, or when you have time in your schedule. He said "GO". In 2 Timothy 4:2-5, Paul charges Timothy "Preach the Word; be prepared in season and out of season; correct, rebuke, and encourage - with great patience and careful instruction. For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear. They will turn their ears away from the truth and turn aside to myths. But you, keep your head in all situations, endure hardship, do the work of an evangelist, discharge all the duties of your ministry." We have a job to do. These scriptures were not just for the recipients of the message, but to all of us. I refuse now to stand by and let others be an example for me. I refuse not to take a stand. I refuse to putting other things ahead of my bible reading time. I refuse to not witness based on what others may think of me. I hope that all of you that read this, will join me in a refusal to just stand idly by and "GO" to work for Him before it is too late.

Thanks and God Bless You this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment