Monday, April 25, 2016

Am I Too BUSY????

Being that I have not posted any devotions on this blog in over a year, I feel that this may be an appropriate question to ask on this post.  Life has a way of getting in the way of our spiritual walk.  I have personally seen this over the last few years.  My children are in school, I have worked on and completed a Master's Degree (yeah), and my wife has gone back to school to finish a degree after a six year absence from college.  Our lives got real busy, real quick.  This does not include my new job as an Assistant Principal at a high school, and all of the things my children participate in after school.  My wife and I joke about when we will see each other on the weekends.  The question then becomes, have I become too busy for God?

John 15:5-6
 “I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing. If you do not remain in me, you are like a branch that is thrown away and withers; such branches are picked up, thrown into the fire and burned."

Our personal relationship with Christ is a crucial part of our daily lives.  Just like any other relationship, we need to devote time to the other individual to make the relationship a success.  I have been a Christian for almost 20 years now, and I still find that I struggle with devoting quality time with my Savior.  When we do not put in the time for that relationship, it becomes strained and our life is not as fulfilling as God wants it to be.  The same is true in a marriage.  If you want the marriage to work, you have to put the time into it.

So, what is it that we use to fill our time?  Are those things a part of God's plan for my life?  Do we spend an adequate time in study, prayer, and worship?  Hopefully, answering these questions will give you some perspective as it has me.

Thanks for reading, and I pray God blesses you all this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment